PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone for all the info

Chris Zeger
03-29-2015, 04:12 PM
As I finish boiling my last sap here in ohio thanks everyone for all the info and posting what you do. This is the first time I've ever made syrup I did 40 taps on a homemade barrel evaporator that was really slow. Already looking forward to next year and buying a new evaporator either a gbm it a bill mason plan on doubling to about 75 or 80 taps. I'm gonna end up doing a little over 5 gallons this yeR thanks everyone

Kilroy
03-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Awesome Chris!
My first go round too, and I've got the bug in a bad way.
Hope you don't mind if I say thanks to the forum as well.
Learning from other's problems & solutions helped a lot, and the tips helped immensely.
It's pretty comforting to know that if you have an idea, question, or concern - input & guidance just a few keystrokes away.

saphound
03-29-2015, 08:14 PM
I'll third that. Thanks to all here for putting up with yet another newbie. This is a great forum! :cool:

Urban Sugarmaker
03-29-2015, 08:23 PM
Great thread. I want to extend my thanks as well to everyone here. Not done yet, but successful first season so far.

Snappyssweets
03-29-2015, 09:20 PM
I agree I want to say Thank you to everyone also.
Being new to this it has helped me a lot being able to read all I have.

My wife?
She is not likely so thankful.
She keeps hearing RO, Building a shack, Making a combined Arch/barrel evaporator and increasing well beyond the 100 taps we did this year to the remainder of the other 5 acres of property and all she sees is a lot of work and $$ being spent.

I say Hey I am retired may as well have a hobby for spring too and its better then some I could think of. :D

Bucket Head
03-29-2015, 09:44 PM
Problem solved! What about His and Her sugarshacks? Lol!

Glad to hear everyone had an enjoyable season.

Steve