PDA

View Full Version : truck tank ideas

palmer4th
03-28-2015, 10:58 AM
Looking for some advice.we use a 150 gallon poly truck tank but its a pain to clean and difficult to get all the sap out of the tank without pumping the last bit out. Looking on ideas of what other people use for tanks and how they clean Them.

WESTMAPLES
03-28-2015, 11:14 AM
ive got a 275 gal cage tank with the pump tube that goes straight down thru the top hole to the lowest sump by the drain valve, not easy to clean but it only takes me a few mins with the 4k psi pressure washer and turbo nozzle to clean it. theres is another member here markct that has a stainless steel insulated tank he made into a truck tank, im searching for the same idea as him right now to upgrade too for next season. i picked up 2 ss insulated milk tanks and have them in use this year and boy what a difference from poly tanks ive used in the past so easy to clean with a sloped bottom for complete empting and keeping the sap cool even in the warmest sun it was worth the money to me

palmer4th
03-28-2015, 05:17 PM
I was thinking of going with a cage tank. Doing the same thing i do now and put a bulkhead fitting in for my pump hose. Maybe just rinse it out quick after every load?

Sugarmaker
03-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Currently we are using a 325 gallon plastic leg tank. It has a 16 inch lid and is easy to reach into and hose out. I have never actually scrubbed the inside. But do rinse it with hot water after each gathering. It doesn't drain as well as I would like and I have to tip it up to help it drain.
Regards,
Chris

brookledge
03-29-2015, 07:47 PM
You can fill tank about 1/3 with water and drive around for a few days the constant sloshing will help clean them up
Keith