PDA

View Full Version : Getting sap splatter off my stove?

delstele
03-27-2015, 07:17 AM
I finished up my last batch on my gas stove in the house and now I'm in trouble with the wife...I did search nothing turns up,, :emb: She was cleaning up and that sap the splatters on the surface from a rapid boil my oh my it formed into some hard sticky blobs that she can't seem to get clean I have put some elbow grease on it as well stuck pretty good. How do you clean it off?:confused:

MustardSeedMum
03-27-2015, 08:16 AM
I have a glass top stove I finish on. The best tool I've found for any stuck-on material is a little scraper that is safe to use on the stove without scratching. It looks like this: http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045/0534145P/no-the-skrapr-reviews/reviews.htm

I put a dish towel on the sections of the stove I'm not using to try to minimize the splatter going on the stove. Try that next time...if you're allowed to use the stove, that is. :D

saphound
03-27-2015, 08:33 AM
Mine wiped clean with a sponge and hot water..the hotter the better.

Cedar Eater
03-27-2015, 10:04 AM
My wife swears by Bar Keepers Friend for all the tough stains on the stovetop. Softscrub is another product. If you're looking for cheap, straight white vinegar on a sponge, or a paste made from peroxide and baking soda.

Cabin
03-27-2015, 10:46 AM
I finished up my last batch on my gas stove in the house and now I'm in trouble with the wife...I did search nothing turns up,, :emb: She was cleaning up and that sap the splatters on the surface from a rapid boil my oh my it formed into some hard sticky blobs that she can't seem to get clean I have put some elbow grease on it as well stuck pretty good. How do you clean it off?:confused:

I use the same thing I use on cast iron pans. Just plain old kosher salt. BTW the trick is to get to it before the wife does!! ;)

crazyjackcsa
03-27-2015, 11:47 AM
I have the same problem. The answer is oven cleaner. It works really really well. Beware though, it will depend on the type of stove you have.

Daveg
03-28-2015, 09:56 AM
1)Boil 4oz of water in a cup with a pour spout {About 1 minute}
2)Apply half of the boiling water to the syrup stains with a small dishcloth or sponge, and use a dry dish towel to keep your fingers from the hot dishcloth. The hotter the small dishcloth is the faster the syrup will dissolve. Use the other half of the hot water as the dishcloth cools down {About 3 minutes}
3)"No chemicals were used in the cleaning of syrup splatter" and next to no elbow grease {Total=4 minutes}
4) Go back to making your next batch of liquid gold