PDA

View Full Version : Well

Shawn
03-26-2015, 05:01 PM
Got up this morning and went out most were running, way down back more snow pack running, said ok we collect this afternoon and those suckers will be full, rain started, fog came in and wham ones down back with snow pack stopped. Ones around house with no snow around the trees slowed to a slow drip. Hmm no gather today. Not enough after checking all taps at four this afternoon. Looks like here tonight it will freeze up and forties Friday. Saturday looks cold. Last year first collection was 29th of March. Mother Nature sure has the hand on this year.:o

VT_K9
03-26-2015, 05:40 PM
Definite slow for us too Shawn. I hope all is going well for you and the family. My Father and I hung some wire to run the pump and vac. lines on. THey were causing he mainline to sag too much, even with side tying and supports in place. I am hoping to see an increase in sap over the next couple of days. I think we were boiling March 22/23 last year. I just hope the weather cooperates to give us a good year.

Mike

sugarman3
03-26-2015, 06:19 PM
It was called the EAST WIND-slows it to almost a stop

Shawn
03-27-2015, 06:39 AM
All is well Mike hope same with you and all the family, we hope today to be able to gather and fire up just got down some snow this morning now fog coming back in 32 out at this point. We did not get our first run last year until the 29th then we only went two weeks