PDA

View Full Version : Transfer hose

Big Stoney
03-22-2015, 05:43 AM
I used 1 1/4" mainline for a transfer hose yesterday, but I can see that it is going to take two people to handle the rigid tubing and pump. What would be your suggestion for a reasonable priced food grade tubing that would be flexible enough for me to handle by myself and where would be the best place to purchase such? I appreciate your help.

lmathews
03-22-2015, 06:53 AM
Tractor supply

BreezyHill
03-22-2015, 07:35 AM
Check out an RV supply store in your area...well in he Cap district. I have acquired a sump pump and hoses from them that are potable water approved in the past for the sugar operation. The hoses do cost a little more but I hit them up in the fall and they usually cut me a good deal when a set some syrup on the counter and say what kinda deal you running today? They smile and make a sale and have some syrup for home. One time I did better with two pints as the boss got one and the clerk got the other. Bottle one went in and the guy smiled and said give it to him a cost.

They say you should grease the wheels for a good deal...I like to supply the sweet stuff for the better deals.

Got a new SS transition pipe made for my arch in 3 hours for under $100 with this same approach. He first said it would be a 5 day wait due to the back log in the shop.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-22-2015, 10:21 AM
www.usplastics.com

wnybassman
03-22-2015, 03:43 PM
I've got a few RV hoses for pumping sap around.

Big Stoney
03-23-2015, 05:22 AM
I did order some hose from US Plastics yesterday. I appreciate your help.