PDA

View Full Version : one pump plumbed for all jobs

Greenthumb
03-21-2015, 02:57 PM
Looking for ideas to see if I could plumb my surflo 110 volt pump to do all jobs from one spot to move sap a variety of ways and from multiple locations. I've been just moving it all week but it's a pain with hose and the chords. Hose gets dirty on the ground pump gets banged around. So here is what I'm using it for and by the way it is a great little pump. My idea is put the pump in one spot and use a series of valves to open and close areas. The kongest run woyld be about 20 feet and the pump seems to have no problem doing that

1. Transfer sap from the pick up tank just outside the shack to head tank
2. Pump concentrate back up to head tank from homemade ro
3 pump permate water to ro pump for wash
4 pump permate water to utility sink for cleaning

markct
03-21-2015, 03:38 PM
by the time you buy all the valves multiple pumps may be cheaper

maple flats
03-21-2015, 06:07 PM
The last 3 tasks seem like the RO should do, doesn't the RO you built have a pump? My RO does those 3 tasks.

Wanabe1972
03-21-2015, 07:34 PM
This is easy and cheap to do. I have a 3/4 hp pump that runs everything in the sugar house. I keep the pump in with my RO so it does not freeze and have an intake and output manifold made out of cheap PVC valves.

Input manifold is

1. line from truck tank
2. line from concentrate tank
3. line from permeate tank
4. line from wash tank (RO)

Output manifold is

1. line to RO
2. line to head tanks
3. line to outside for draining RO
4. line to hose with sprayer on it to use permeate for cleaning tanks.

I have everything plumb with 3/4 black water pipe (i already had)and 3/4 pvc ball valves and the total cost around 30 dollars. I just lableled everything and open or close valves to perform different operations. I also wired in a pressure switch to the RO and if that valve is opened up the pressure pump turns on and starts the RO process.

Greenthumb
03-22-2015, 10:01 PM
I ended up doing some plumbing today. I can move the sap and permeate around with no lifting. I can pump permeate back to ro for washing, pump concentrated sap back to head tank, even pump permeate to wash tub for cleaning and empty to drain. I used push tubing And fittings. A little more money than pvc but easier. For the size of shack I have it wasn't to bad cost wise. I now just use my larger faster surflo pump for pumping sap from the tote tank into the head tank. Now I just need a pump for ducking buckets dry and I won't lift A thing.