PDA

View Full Version : Deer Run - 125 Expandable

Tucker08
03-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Good Morning,
I am now using a Deer Run - 125 expandable unit and have some questions on the operation. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to personal message me with their phone number so I could pick their brain for a few minutes?

Mostly I am concerned with the amount of syrup i have made based on the amount of sap I got. I want to know I am not doing something with the operation of it that is causing me to out sweet in the permeate tank.

Sorry for being so naive with this, i just want to be sure I am doing things right with regard to pressures, flow rates, etc...

Feel free to respond here as well.

Thank you in advance!
Scott

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-17-2015, 11:16 AM
I have 500 unit but you are welcome to call me after 8 tonight and I will try to help you. (304) 575-7266

Moshers Maples
04-07-2015, 09:25 AM
I also have the 125 expandable, this is my second season with it. What is the most efficient way to run it? I start at about 2gpm concentrate and 1gpm permeate at about 200# ish. Has anyone come up with the best way to run it?

mwarren
04-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Buy a sap hydrometer and check the permeate to make sure that there is no sweet in it. That would be the best way to double check.

Mike