PDA

View Full Version : Tapped but slow

thackerymaple
03-17-2015, 08:26 AM
Tapped on the 7th, 33 taps and have enough to finish about three gallon. hopefully it will flow a little better towards end of week.

Grand Square Acres
03-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Hey thackerymaple I tapped on the 2nd and have only made about 10 gals. That's with 200 taps on vac and 20 bags. Just checked the bags are not dripping but the vac has a steady stream, maybe I'll have enough to boil tomorrow. Hope the freeze/thaw the next couple days resets everything or at least gives a few more days of good flow. Good luck.

RC Maple
03-18-2015, 08:29 AM
I have had most of my taps in since 2/28. I jugged up 3 gal so far plus I boiled 30 gal the other night that's in the pan waiting for the next boil - probably Saturday. Looks like we will get a few days coming up where we can gather some sap. Haven't had a any run over 3 qt/tap yet. Looking forward to some good runs!

thackerymaple
04-01-2015, 04:11 PM
Since the 7th canned close to 10 gallon, have about another 4 to process, the last week has been good, but I think I'll pull the taps tonight, good bit of rain coming, think It's about done anyway. Been a decent year for the hobby. See ya all next year

RC Maple
04-02-2015, 07:42 AM
Just finished boiling last night. I quit gathering on Monday. I will be close to last years syrup total but a little short. The last week has been better for sap than the whole rest of the month. I picked up my buckets yesterday and every tap was still dripping. Time to clean up now...ugh!