PDA

View Full Version : Need Float help

ldick
03-17-2015, 07:42 AM
I installed a vertical overhead tank to feed my evaporator. I have found that when the tank gets over half full there is so much pressure that my float does not work. The pressure from the weight of the overhead sap forces it open even when the evaporator level is above where it should be. I am going to have to replace my float valve with something that will better control the level of sap in the evaporator but have no idea what to replace it with. I assume others have run into this problem so hoping someone has a good solution. I will greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

WESTMAPLES
03-17-2015, 07:54 AM
put a inline valve between the tank and float box to regulate the flow you wil have to adjust it according to the amount of head pressure you have full tank = more pressure, half or less = less pressure good luck

ldick
03-17-2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the quick answer. This is what I am doing now but was hoping for a less manual alternative. I have to open the valve more as tank level get lower. Afraid just a matter of time until I forget and don't even want to think about what happens then. Wondering if one of the bottler auto fill valves might work for this?