PDA

View Full Version : Releaser airleak!

howrmare
03-16-2015, 06:05 PM
Hello! Bought a new double releaser last year I notice its pulling air though the outer bottom plate's I was wonder on any idears how to repair it I"m going to try rubbing some silocone around it Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it Thanks Howard.

spud
03-16-2015, 06:45 PM
Wipe it down with a rag. There might be a thin layer of ice. Are you talking the flappers on the bottom?

Spud

howrmare
03-16-2015, 10:07 PM
Thanks! wish it was that simple no its leaking around the outer edge were the clear plastic joins or is glued to the blue tank! Howard

lpakiz
03-16-2015, 10:26 PM
If it is a glued seam, try over-coating it with more PVC cement. Build up several layers. (Clean the area well with cleaner-primer first)

wiam
03-17-2015, 07:02 AM
If it is a glued seam, try over-coating it with more PVC cement. Build up several layers. (Clean the area well with cleaner-primer first)

I have done this to a moisture trap with vacuum on. This will suck the glue into the leak.

tcross
03-17-2015, 07:07 AM
mine leaked out of the same general area a year ago after a mishap... I used silicon and it fixed the issue!

red maples
03-17-2015, 07:31 AM
I am having the exact same issue. have a single vertical and have a tiny pin hole in the bottom cover seal it doesn't take much to create a boiling action in the releaser. I am gonna use it today and bring it in the next couple of days while we are frozen up so it will set up good. I will try the silicon.

maple flats
03-31-2015, 06:18 AM
It seems the leak could be in other places too, unless you can identify the leak source you are at a loss. There are a number of O rings that can have the same effect. Run the pump, and using some sap, try to see where bubbles are entering. Once identified, address the leak.

wiam
03-31-2015, 09:16 AM
I found that my single Lappierre is leaking at that bottom joint also. I used the gray pvc cement that looks just like what these are glued originally. Went all the way around the bottom seam. Headed back to woods shortly with it. We'll see.