PDA

View Full Version : Allergic to pan gasket?

bcmhs800
03-16-2015, 05:12 AM
Not really sure where to post this as it's kind of off topic, but has anyone ever heard of someone being allergic to or having a reaction from pan gasket material? Mice devoured my old gasket over the summer and I put all new gasket under my pan. Since I started boiling this week I've had a pretty severe reaction to something and it's the only "new" thing I've been around. If anyone has ever heard of this I would be grateful for any info. Thank you

WESTMAPLES
03-16-2015, 06:37 AM
are you sure there is no mold around you ?? i would think the pan gasket would only effect you when installing because its fiberglass i would think but you never know

BreezyHill
03-16-2015, 08:17 AM
Allergies are no fun...but I think that it is less likely the gasket and more like as WM said as molds or another product or even something you have been sensitive to and it has just manifested itself now.

Future daughter in law had no issues until she went to college. She ate tomatoes like they were apples. a few weeks after the start of the first semester she started getting sick and it got worse until she had to go to the campus health care. They thought flu, stomach bug, ??? during Christmas Break she went to an allergist as the ER recommended out there. 15 allergies...tomatoes, beans, and the worst was soy and soy products. OMG Soy is in everything.

She was delivering feed one day last summer and she feel asleep on the way back home...15 minutes from home she awoke with a blood curdling scream and crying. She was having a reaction to something she ate not an hour ago. I made it in 10 minutes as her medication was in her car. Now it is in every vehical we own and in her car and our sons truck too.

I have developed a mold sensitivity a few years back and this past fall it got so I was coughing all the time. MD put me on an inhaler that made me feel even worse with the racing heart rate. then another that was better. I soon stopped taking it and the cough has stopped but if I get around mold I can feel it and I will soon be coughing.

Try using a mask in the sugar house...remember that wood is a great place to have mold growth.

Good Luck and take your vitamins!

ben

bcmhs800
03-16-2015, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the help and imput guys, yeah I didn't really think it was the problem but you just never know. I know fiberglass will irritate the skin, I've rubbed against enough corn planter hoppers to know that, didn't know if the ceramic fiber would do the same thing.
Thanks again.

beaglebriar
03-16-2015, 09:14 PM
Take a Zyrtec and get back to boiling.