PDA

View Full Version : 400 taps sap ladder

calvertbrothers
03-15-2015, 03:08 PM
Today I put in a sap ladder for 400 taps I put 4 stars on the lower line and 4 stars on the higher line. Has anyone done this many taps on a sap ladder?

red maples
03-15-2015, 06:24 PM
no offense Please no offense but thats alot of work, I really don't know why anyone would go through all with the stars for sap ladders. for that many taps. I use 2 pipe sap ladders for 100 or more taps. they work better for bigger applications such as that. they are less work and cheaper as well. but thats just my opinion.

GeneralStark
03-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Paging BreezyHill...

ennismaple
03-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Today I put in a sap ladder for 400 taps I put 4 stars on the lower line and 4 stars on the higher line. Has anyone done this many taps on a sap ladder?

You need a 6 star "spider" for every 65 taps - so for 400 taps I'd say you want 7 stars.

MAPLE FARMER
03-18-2015, 08:06 PM
Sap ladders work great and I know of one that a guy built to lift around 900 taps about 16 ft in the air and it works very well. I have installed a few in my operation and they work very nicely but have found that the stars should be spread about 3ft apart I think it helps to distribute the vacuum better when sap starts pooling on a good running day. You may find that you will have to let a small amount of air in to make them work also.

calvertbrothers
03-18-2015, 08:12 PM
Sap ladders work great and I know of one that a guy built to lift around 900 taps about 16 ft in the air and it works very well. I have installed a few in my operation and they work very nicely but have found that the stars should be spread about 3ft apart I think it helps to distribute the vacuum better when sap starts pooling on a good running day. You may find that you will have to let a small amount of air in to make them work also.
I have them about a foot apart I'll see if I have any problem the next run