PDA

View Full Version : Tapped in Beacon Falls 3/7

Rick M
03-13-2015, 10:26 AM
Tapped on last Saturday, 16 trees, 28 taps on buckets. Collected 13 gallons by Monday (3/9) noonish and boiled it down to 36 oz of fininshed syrup. I know it hardly enough to start the evap for, but excitement and anticipation got the best of me. I figured that we are finally off and running! Collected another 5 gallons of sap on Wednesday afternoon. Check the pails today there is hardly any sap. :confused: The weather fealt perfect for a nice strong run of sap...I dunno

My guess is that the past month has been so cold, and there is still alot of frost in the ground it'll just take a little more time to get the sap moving up and down the trees. Patience. I have no scientific or meteorological theories to base this all on, excpet for a gut feeling. Afterall, people have been collecting and boiling every spring for hundreds of years, and every spring at some point the sap will start flowing. Patience, I keep telling myself.

Sapling
03-13-2015, 05:39 PM
We tapped 20 trees in Bethany the week before you, and we have collected only 5 gal total so far.