PDA

View Full Version : End Cap Not all the way into Mainline ??

TerryEspo
03-13-2015, 06:12 AM
Good Morning All:

I am wondering if I could have an air leak at the end of my mainline. I have a plug that I could not hammer all the way into the pipe. It is about halfway into the mainline and is super tight. Hard to hammer as it is flexible. I need to get it dipped into hot water and bang away at it.

Would you guess as it is right now, halfway, that it has an air leak?

Thanks.

Terry

adk1
03-13-2015, 06:33 AM
How about a fifty percent chance that it does

red maples
03-13-2015, 06:37 AM
Are using black water pipe for main line or blue 5/16 tubing? If you are using the black water pipe use a hand held propane torch if you have one. quick heat and it will slide right in. you can do the same with the blue but it melts too quick so you have to be careful. then put on your clamp and wrap the edge with electrical tape. I wrap all my main line (3/4 inch and bigger) connections with electrical tape.

TerryEspo
03-13-2015, 07:16 AM
I am using 100ft. of 1/2" black waterline poly from TSC for mainline.

I should have mentioned that I did pull a tap even farther away from the end cap, a line that runs 70ft away from that point and felt suction from the spile. I don't have a gauge but the suction felt decent.

I asked the question because the small amount of sap in the farthest away line seems to move slower than the other lines. Maybe it is due to being the farthest away?

I will bang the fitting in all the way before sap really runs here.
Black tape too seems like a good idea, will tape my saddles too.

Terry