PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Main Line.

epd0407
03-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Supplier sent all my 1/2" fittings today but forgot the tubing. Looks like the earliest I will see it now is Saturday. I absolutely NEED to get this up and working as all my slopes are way off on my 5/16. I Went to HD and got 1/2 black tubing, will this work in a pinch? If so, are fittings held in with pipe clamps or cinch clamps? Or, should I bite my tongue and wait to put the pump in when I get the tubing?

BreezyHill
03-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Hose clams lock in the barb ends into the 1/2" tubing.

I run all 3/4" and 1" and I have in the area of 3000' of black plastic up.

Next season I will be retubing another bush and it will have a dry line that will be black plastic 2500' long.

Sap will run hotter in late season. I am adding another blue wet line to another wet dry line next season for this reason. Late season that sap is a good 7 degrees warmer than the colored lines.

Hang in there!

Joust7.1
03-15-2015, 02:17 PM
Wait until you get what you need so that you only do it once. That is unless money is no object and you have all kinds of extra time to "practice." I changed things around for
four consecutive years until I did it correctly and with the right materials. Everybody learns in different ways though and I guess that was my, hands on learning experience.