PDA

View Full Version : Releaser problems HELP!!

Longyearfarm
03-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Hello all. I am using a surge RV pump with a Bernard single mechanical releaser on about 125 taps or so. Last year everything worked without a hiccup. This year it's been a fight.

A couple of days ago I had the pump running and was watching the releaser when I tried to trip it by pulling the plunger up. The plexiglass plate(sorry, I don't know what it's called) that slides to break vacuum would only move half way. I brought the releaser inside, cleaned it, and put a thin layer of food grade grease on the plate. Yesterday I hooked it all back up and tried it. It worked perfectly when I tripped it about 20 times. I walked away feeling good about myself.

Last night I went to turn the pump off when I saw the vacuum gauge on the releaser was at 0. The pump was pinned at max vacuum. I turned it off and found the moisture trap was full to the gills. Thank god that worked at least. This morning I turned everything on and tested it with great results. Everything seemed to be working good. An hour later I looked at it and found the moisture trap full again.

I'm not sure what the next step is here, but I need some help. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Matt

Dill
03-11-2015, 06:55 PM
I do not have a bernard. However I've had tripping problems on my lapierre the last couple years on startup. Is the plunger on a rod with a float? If so check the straightness of the rod. If it isn't straight it will bind up and not push the plunger up. On the upside your moisture trap worked.

maple2
03-11-2015, 07:06 PM
try adjust the spring tenstion on the switch

Longyearfarm
03-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the ideas. How tight should the spring be?

mountain man maple
03-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Check float to see if its loose on rod. My bhr was giving fits found float was loose on white slide. Pushed float down white slide and it works a lot better now.

nymapleguy607
03-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Check the roller on the back of the trip arm. Mine was sticking last year and would cause the same problem, little wd-40 solved that problem.

mountainvan
03-12-2015, 06:46 AM
I'll be down later today. Would you like me to stop in?

Longyearfarm
03-14-2015, 05:05 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who gave me some ideas as to what might have been wrong with the releaser. Turns out it was a loose screw that holds the L shaped bracket which holds the plexiglass plates that slide. Tightened it up and she works perfect again. Thanks again!

Matt