PDA

View Full Version : Cheap hose source

DaveB
03-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Does any know a cheap source where I could get 20' of 1.25" hose? US Plastics has it for $1.48 and Bascoms has it for almost twice as much but the problem is that I'd have to buy 50' from US Plastics but can get what I want from Bascoms. Barring a cheaper source, would anyone between CT and NH happen to have 20'? :D

markct
03-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Is the us plastics that same real flexible stuff as Bascoms or is it the firmer stuff like they sell for water pumps etc

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-12-2015, 11:06 AM
The 4000 series and the 9000 series are both flexible, the cheaper of the 2 is more flexible. I use the more expensive and it still coils up. Buy 50' of it and you will need the extra sooner or later. US Plastics is a great company and ship super fast.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
03-12-2015, 11:14 AM
I have been using the same 1" hose for 13 seasons from US plastics and it has never kinked and it still looks great. I clean it good several times each season and at the end of it season I hang it up to dry so that 100% of the hose is on slope and it will drain and air dry and not get any mold in it. It quick couples to my sap pump and on the other end I made a U out of a piece of all thread that makes no contact with any sap so it hooks in place. It has pumped many 10,000's gallons of sap and many hundreds of trips on the tractor as I have to pump and haul all of mine with tractor.