PDA

View Full Version : dunkin donuts

powerdub
02-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Anyone seen that new comercial for the maple flavored whatever they are pushing now? I think he getting syrup from an ash tree. What do you think? Makes me laugh evry time I see it.

802maple
02-03-2007, 04:56 PM
That is exactly what I told my son when we saw it the other night.

maple flats
02-03-2007, 05:06 PM
You're right, but then that is Dunkin Donuts. Our state association has post cards and handouts for maple weekend and guess what kind of tree they have with a bucket on it? ------------- Sure looks likew an OAK to me, even has a few dead oak leaves hanging on with the bucket hanging there. I might expect that from Dunkin BUT it really surprised me when I got a supply of the post cards and handouts. Seems like someone would check out the artists drawing before printing them all up. I mentioned it to the association director and she said it IS a maple, must be I have been tapping the wrong trees, mine look like the ones shown in the new NAMSPM I just bought for sugar and a few red maples.

powerdub
02-03-2007, 05:34 PM
I did'nt really get into the fact that you can't get syup right of the tree. That just proves how ignorant the consumer is according to big business.

Russell Lampron
02-04-2007, 06:03 AM
I had to laugh at that commercial too. An imitation maple tree just like the imitation maple frosting they are using.

Russ

cncaboose
02-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Maybe instead of making fun of Dunkin' someone should be pointing out their inaccuracies to them and encouraging them to use real syrup and real maples. Besides, Dunkin does produce one of the basic foodgroups, along with maple syrup, in my opinion, donuts!!!!

softmaple
02-05-2007, 09:52 AM
my maple trees that i tap sort of look like the D&D tree. i took it as a norway maple, not a sugar maple or silver. almost every maple species has a differnt bark on them.

royalmaple
02-05-2007, 12:14 PM
I have been waiting to see the commercial since you guys mentioned it and caught it last night, pretty funny. I like the steady stream coming out of the tap.

I was going to call it an ash as well, but now that you mention it it does have some of the norway looking bark on it.

Do you have many single stem norways? Seems like they like to grow in numbers off one root system. At least just from what I have seen but I am certainly not an expert on norway maples.

softmaple
02-05-2007, 02:32 PM
im not an expert either but my trees are very large may be 5 ft in diameter and very tall 100 ft or more with 2 percent sugar and they leak like crazy you can see pictures of the bark on my web site at www.themaplehut.com (http://www.themaplehut.com). i grew up with norways around me so thats all i knew for maples and then the sugar maples threw me for a curve a few years ago with that ragity bark on it

royalmaple
02-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Mike -

Site looks great, well organized and very nice layout. Just noticed the graphics seemed to take a little while to load, could be the size of them or the server? I am on High speed so I wouldn't think it was on my end but certainly could be.

softmaple
02-05-2007, 03:09 PM
they are pictures verses html layout so that why it takes so long

super sappy
02-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Holy S#@# I think that the sap bucket in the office may be a older bucket containing lead in the galvanized coating or possiably in the seam. I think I ll call corperate HQ and ask for a Lead Test on the bull**** fake maple they are serving. -Super sappy