PDA

View Full Version : Sta-Rite Cable

Amber Gold
03-10-2015, 12:06 PM
I bought a new sta-rite pump last year for my electric releaser. Finished the season with it and stored it in the house. I went to install the pump yesterday and found the cable insulation split (pic attached). Sap was running, so I wrapped it in electrical tape and dropped it in the releaser. It's working now, but not sure long term. Can this be repaired? New cable or something better than electrical tape?

Thanks for the help.

maple flats
03-10-2015, 07:36 PM
I'd get a length of heat shrink tubing for electrical connections. If necessary get 2, then a couple of feet from the cord end, cut the cable, slide both on. Then side the first to to cover that split. When you gently apply heat it will shrink to fit and a sealant will ooze out the ends showing that the seal is complete. Where you cut the cable, rejoin each wire, solder the connection (use rosen flux or rosen core solder wire) and wrap with some elec. tape. After doing that with all 3 wires, slide the second heat shrink tube over the repair and repeat the shrinking like before. This will give you a cord as good as original.