PDA

View Full Version : Sap in float(s) Help!

Paul VT
03-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Just discovered that both of my floats have some sap in them! Not sure how long this has been like this. They seemed to work fine last year. I'm sure by looking for the wet spot I should be able to find the leaks. Any one fix them before? I'm thinking drill a small hole drain, dry and solder hole?
Thanks in advance.

mellondome
03-09-2015, 08:04 PM
Evaporator floats or releaser floats. Some evaporator floats have a hollow stem. Just turn them upside down.

Paul VT
03-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Evaporator floats or releaser floats. Some evaporator floats have a hollow stem. Just turn them upside down.
These are evaporator floats. I did turn them upside down and did get some out. Must be they got water in them while cleaning them. I will have to try to get more out. Doesn't easily come out.

brookledge
03-09-2015, 08:23 PM
all of my floats have had a hollow stem as mellondome said. just turn it over and work it around to drain it out. They have to be that way since they are made from thin metal. If it was sealed it would expand and contract as the sap went from freezing temp to boiling temp
Keith

Paul VT
03-09-2015, 08:43 PM
all of my floats have had a hollow stem as mellondome said. just turn it over and work it around to drain it out. They have to be that way since they are made from thin metal. If it was sealed it would expand and contract as the sap went from freezing temp to boiling temp
Keith
Thanks. Makes sense just never had this issue before. Thank you.