PDA

View Full Version : Firebrick,Blanket.Fireboad

Dave Puhl
02-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Ok Just bought an all S.S 2x6 CDL. The problem I want put it up temporary and build a spot for it after this season. Can you guys give me some ideas what I can do for temp insulation. Cant wait, after all these year flat panning it...

mountainvan
02-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Insulate it well, but don't mortar the fire bricks, just dry fit them. I did this to mine 6 yrs ago and bricks are still where I layed them.

maplehound
02-02-2007, 07:26 AM
On my 3X8 I built a fram around the whole arch with 2" recievers on each side and one in the front. Now if I want to move the arch, We raise it up some slide in and axle on eac side with a trailer tire mounted to them and a hitch to the front and just hook it to the tractor and pull it out and back it in the other barn. Don't even remove the bricks. Worked good till we closed the whole sugar house in. Now we just leave it sit. But it is still set up that way if I ever need to move it.

Russell Lampron
02-02-2007, 11:42 AM
You don't say if your evaporator is oil fired or wood fired. If it is oil fired,arch board and ceramic blanket is all you will need. If it is wood fired you can set the brick in dry so that it can be easily removed to move the evaporator in the future.

Russ

Dave Puhl
02-02-2007, 09:59 PM
It is a new wood fired one. as in reading way back I see I might have a problem with useing lose insulation.would a fire board stand up to direct flame

Russell Lampron
02-03-2007, 04:27 AM
Dave,

You should put the fire board in first then cover it with full thickness fire brick in the firebox part of the arch. Just fit the brick in loosely for this season so that they can be removed to move the arch later. Line the back section under the flue pan with fire board and cover that with ceramic blanket. You want the arch well insulated so you don't burn the sides and so to keep the heat under the pans where it belongs.

Russ