PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt cordless

Sugarman
01-23-2003, 08:02 AM
I have decided to purchace a cordless drill for tapping and the one i've had my heart set on was the dewalt half-inch 18 volt. The ones now available are the new XRP models and i've read terrible reports about them. They say the chucks wobble. Does anyone have one of these and what is your opinion?

pegjam
01-23-2003, 10:52 AM
I have a XR+ 18v model and wouldn't trade it for anything. It's lighter than a gas powered drill, and I can tap 300-350 slimtaps per battery, with 2 batteries you have enough power to tap for 1/2 a day. As far a chuck wobble, I've never had any problem with this model. Hope it helps.

01-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Never had a problem with the drill. Also you should use titanium bits they cut faster and cleaner. Your batteries will last longer.

syrupmaker
01-25-2003, 12:22 AM
I HAVE THE XRP CATALOG NO.DW997. IT IS A TYPE 2 THAT I HAVE TAPPED AND PLUGGED PLENTY OF HOLES WITH. AS FAR AS SPINDLE WOBBLE,YES ON THIS TYPE 2 I DID, BUT HAD A NEW GEAR BOX INSTALLED ON IT AS AN UPDATE PKG THROUGH DEWALT AND IT IS A 1000 TIMES BETTER. I JUST PURCHASED A TYPE 5 AT THE START OF LAST SEASON AND RAN THE BEJESUS OUT OF THAT ONE WITH NO SHAFT PROBLEMS.REMEMBER IT ONLY COSTS A NICKLE MORE TO GO FIRST CLASS,BUY A GOOD BIT.

Sugarman
03-14-2003, 06:38 AM
I bought a Bosch 18 volt Brute tough cordless instead of the dewalt. This drill works excellent. I did a thousand taps with no problems whatsoever.
On top of that it has a THREE year warranty and is cheaper than the dewalt.