PDA

View Full Version : Arch board??

MapleSaint
03-05-2015, 06:05 PM
I was just thinking of putting arch board in my half pint. Bought some from a local maple place and it does not feel like a board and it is not white. It's like a thick blanket and it is like a green color?? Any ideas? Tips? And or other experiences?? Thanks

beaglebriar
03-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Sounds like Roxul/rock wool insulation. I have a gasification boiler and that's what it was insulated with originally.I have since replaced it with ceramic blanket. The only place it was not used in my boiler was where it would come in direct contact with fire/flame. Ceramic blanket was used in these areas. So if that's what you have you may want to get some specs before installing it.

Tappy Sap Master
03-06-2015, 05:13 AM
Archboard is meant to be installed behind the firebrick. If you leave it exposed it will get damaged from stokeing your evaporator with wood. You could use ceramic blanket too but its a matter of time before that gets beat as well.

Tucker08
03-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Does not sound like what you got was arch board. I did my whole arch in the arch board. Makes a HUGE difference. You have to brick over it though as the flames will eat it up. Look up Insablock, that was the brand I got from a large maple company in Vermont. I since found out you can buy it direct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk