PDA

View Full Version : sap tank in back of gator put in warm shop at night question

js4fn
03-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Just got thinking its my first year with a heated shop I have a wood burning furnace. today i had it 80 degrees in the shop sure felt nice when tapping for my 5ga pails to run in for new battery and it was 80 degrees sometimes it took a good 30 minutes to get the battery off the charger

but is it bad to park the empty or very close to empty sap hauler in heated shop ? overnight and maybe on a slow run day ?

TerryEspo
03-05-2015, 03:17 PM
I love the answer when it comes up as...." treat the sap like milk,,, would you drink the milk the next day or give it to your kids ?"

Good luck.

Terry

johnallin
03-05-2015, 03:18 PM
You should treat sap like milk...it will begin to spoil if not kept cold or at least cool.

Bucket Head
03-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Yes, warm sap is bad. Don't keep any sap in a heated area. And do not leave the empty tank in the heated area without rinsing it out after pumping the sap out. The tank will have mold on the inside of it in short order! And unless you can get in it and scrub it, you will have a heck of a time trying to get it clean- and it might not come completely off.

I rinse my pick-up truck tank out and thats outside. Even sitting in the sun on a cold day makes the inside of the tank warm.

Steve