PDA

View Full Version : Finally tapped ! North central Ohio

newmod
03-05-2015, 08:24 AM
I finally got 35 trees tapped last night. Gonna tap another 35 tomorrow. It looks like its going to be a great week coming for the sap to flow. I probably could have collected some the past few days if I had been tapped . oh well

Todd

flhr10
03-05-2015, 09:24 AM
Newmod

Where exactly are you located? I'm Wakeman Oh. We put 95 taps out last Sunday and putting 405 more out this coming Sunday.

newmod
03-05-2015, 01:06 PM
I am in Loudonville, About 20 minutes south of Ashland. I guess I am TECHNICALLY between north central Ohio, and central Ohio. So what would that be called? lol

flhr10
03-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Call that central ohio southern region...lol
Good luck and have fun making syrup!!!

bretmw
03-06-2015, 05:45 AM
Let the sap flow begin. :lol:

RC Maple
03-06-2015, 07:41 AM
It seems someone from Northwest Ohio should chime in once in a while - according to the number of posts on the maple sites there must only be two us. I did put most of my buckets out last Saturday. On Wednesday I got to gather some sap for the first time. There was more there than I thought there would be but not enough to light a fire. They ran about 1.5 qt/tap. It was good to be able to dump some buckets again - looking forward to doing more of it in the next week. I will finish tapping tomorrow.

jingles
03-06-2015, 12:56 PM
It seems someone from Northwest Ohio should chime in once in a while - according to the number of posts on the maple sites there must only be two us. I did put most of my buckets out last Saturday. On Wednesday I got to gather some sap for the first time. There was more there than I thought there would be but not enough to light a fire. They ran about 1.5 qt/tap. It was good to be able to dump some buckets again - looking forward to doing more of it in the next week. I will finish tapping tomorrow.

We're from northern Putnam county. tapping at farm in Paulding county! We are jst now getting to tap and praying we're not too late!

Timberwolf
03-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Anyone else already tapped or tapping this weekend?

mapleguy
03-07-2015, 06:08 AM
I have been tapped in with my tubing since Monday of this past week. Hoping to put out some buckets this weekend where I can get to the trees. Others will have to wait til maybe late in the week. Could be a very short season.

Chris Zeger
03-07-2015, 06:20 AM
I tapped 35 trees yesterday this will be my first time ever making syrup on a homemade barrel evaporator I'm a hour north of columbus

newmod
03-09-2015, 07:29 PM
I have a total of 70 trees tapped and only got about 18 gallons of sap today. Hopefully it starts running hard tomorrow