PDA

View Full Version : Tapped in Monson and Hampden

Dieseldog
03-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Finally got the season started! My son, on borrowed snowshoes, was able to get our 60 taps in at his house and mine. It looks like the sap should start to flow sometime this weekend. Game on!!!

Starting Small
03-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Sounds great Jim! Was anything dripping when you tapped? We are tapping in Saturday. I was curious if we missed anything good with todays high temps.
-Dave

Smitty8377
03-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Things barely started dripping today in northeastern MA. Didn't miss anything. I guess this super cold start is beginning to frustrate me :-|

Dieseldog
03-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Hey Dave, only a few "pings" in the buckets. Maybe 5 out of 60 had an occasional drip.

DaveB
03-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Next week should be an awesome week. My sugar house is just south of you in Somers. I tap in Stafford and in Somers.

Good luck!

Dieseldog
03-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Hi DaveB,
I am 1/10 of a mile from the Somers line. If I can break away from our operation I would like to visit you and see how an experienced operator runs things. I also want to see StartingSmall's new 2x6 Mason with drop tube, combo high and low vac. That thing just might be Turbo Charged!!!

Starting Small
03-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Hi DaveB,
I am 1/10 of a mile from the Somers line. If I can break away from our operation I would like to visit you and see how an experienced operator runs things. I also want to see StartingSmall's new 2x6 Mason with drop tube, combo high and low vac. That thing just might be Turbo Charged!!!
I am pumped, havn't been this excited in a long time, I am so eager to see what that evaporator can do! You are welcome down anytime!