PDA

View Full Version : Do I have some type of sickness??

Troy D
03-02-2015, 06:47 PM
I shot sporting clays this weekend on an old farm LOADED full of huge Box Elder trees. All I could think about was the amount of Sap and how easy the trail would make it to get to it. My shooting suffered!! Is there a cure? Thanks

morningstarfarm
03-02-2015, 07:23 PM
Nope no cure...you're in the same boat as the rest of us....

Ausable
03-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Actually ---- It is an Addiction. One gallon of Maple Syrup is too many and One thousand gallons of Maple Syrup isn't enough. ---Mike---

Flat Lander Sugaring
03-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Actually ---- It is an Addiction. One gallon of Maple Syrup is too many and One thousand gallons of Maple Syrup isn't enough. ---Mike---
whats up Ausable you still banned from that other site? I am.

spud
03-02-2015, 08:00 PM
whats up Ausable you still banned from that other site? I am.

You mean there is others?:lol:

Spud

wnybassman
03-02-2015, 08:04 PM
As I deliver mail around town I drool over some of stands of maples people have. I have tank locations all picked out for most of them. lol

MarkReynolds
03-02-2015, 08:34 PM
As I deliver mail around town I drool over some of stands of maples people have. I have tank locations all picked out for most of them. lol

I'm in the vote as you! I'm always looking at all those untapped maples!

maple flats
03-03-2015, 04:42 AM
You're only at stage 2 of this addiction, there are several more stages to come.

spud
03-03-2015, 05:08 AM

I do the same thing all the time. My wife and kids think i'm crazy. I just got done setting up my new 3000 tap woods but my eyes can't stop looking over the fence to the neighbors 20,000 untapped trees. And then my other neighbor has 10,000 untapped trees to the other side of me. If only I say.:)

Spud

Ausable
03-03-2015, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=Flat Lander Sugaring;269593]whats up Ausable you still banned from that other site? I am.[/QUOTE

Hi Flat Lander - No - They still tolerate me. Have all Your trees tapped? I haven't been able to get in the mood - with the COLD Weather. Usually - I'm all excited. Hey! A Couple of more nice days - like yesterday - I will be an inspired maple syrup maker again. LOL --- Snow for today though. For awhile - I thought I would end up using my Maple Syrup makin wood to heat the house........

WI Sugarpop
03-03-2015, 07:33 AM
What do you have to do to get banned?

Troy D
03-03-2015, 05:49 PM
You're only at stage 2 of this addiction, there are several more stages to come. I am for sure in trouble then.

markct
03-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Years ago i was talking with Jeff Mason who has about 10,000 taps in MA and in talkin about expanding my operation he said in his soft spoken voice ever hear of the maple fever. My girlfriend jumped in and said yes he is severely infected with it! He said he no longer has maple fever and can look at a whole mountain of maples and not want to tap them. He is in his 70s tho so i imagin it takes time to cure

WESTMAPLES
03-04-2015, 06:50 AM
funny i was just talking to jeff and leann up at the bucket yesterday when picking up some tubing and such. he said the weather has been tough, but we all have a sickness thats nothing like the common cold, it keeps us going when all others are home relaxing. they have 10 k taps and they are moving foward with the season no matter what. i believe im sick to .... so much shinny metal equipment and conversations about how i think its fun to take on another seasonal job that reqiures lots of work.

maplestudent
03-04-2015, 09:33 AM
when you're on vacation and everyone else is talking about the surf, and you're scoping out maple trees on the rental property and those of its neighbors.....you know you have the disease.

not that that's ever happened to me

collinsmapleman2012
03-05-2015, 05:09 PM
I shouldn't be allowed to drive from January to april. I ogle at hillsides and trees like a little kid in a free candy store. all over the road. probably should do something about that :o

WI Sugarpop
03-05-2015, 05:44 PM
All the years that I was in construction I would drive around and see all of the sagging garage doors and roofs and I couldn't help it. Now that I'm retired and tapping maple trees, all I see is the maple trees along the road and I tell my wife we should tap them!

Tappy Sap Master
03-06-2015, 05:19 PM
My wife says the same thing! She is always pointing out more!:lol:

bees1st
03-07-2015, 06:32 AM
I first started showing symptoms back in the 90's . I went to my family physician and my condition was confirmed . He immediately preformed a walletectomy . The condition only worsened and persists to this day .