PDA

View Full Version : tension grips

bison1973
03-01-2015, 08:18 AM
anyone know of an online source for the tension grips OTHER than thru the maple dealers?

Moser's Maple
03-01-2015, 08:23 AM
you can search for electrical tension grips, but to be honest the best prices i have found is right from my cdl dealer

Moshers Maples
03-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Look up Kellems grips

BreezyHill
03-01-2015, 10:13 AM
In ten years of searching I have yet to find a better price than the cdl dealers plus we offer an open grip.

These can be added to a pipe to tension the pipe and then removed or added to a line to added support and tensioning without cutting the pipe.

I have used these to tension a 1000' roll of pipe at half way to get full stretch and then removed and used again.

It takes about 3 minutes to tie the grip onto the tube and another 1-2 minutes to remove these grips. I have two that I have used over a dozen times. I heard of one person that would use them to tension the tubing then lash it to a support wire and remove the grip.

Ben

maple flats
03-01-2015, 04:32 PM
A few years ago, I thought I'd outsmart the maple companies and order some thru my electrical supply house. When I got the bill, they ended up costing more than those from the maple company. That might be the only item where the maple suppliers are better priced.

bees1st
03-01-2015, 07:35 PM
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/Wiring_Solutions/Wiring_Devices/Strain_Reliefs,_Support_Cord_Grips_-a-_Pull_Grips/Support_Grips
Free shipping too .