PDA

View Full Version : Northern lights this weekend

Run Forest Run!
02-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Keep your eyes to the sky this weekend as conditions for the northern lights are favourable in most of Canada. Since it's still too cold to tap, at least we've got something else to enjoy. Hopefully we get a nice showing! Sometimes it's hit and miss where I am, but post if you get to see them where you are.

Bruce L
02-28-2015, 04:53 PM
Hey Karen, how much snow do you have to trudge through? My wife and I were installing saddles in the new mainlines today, some steps were between knees and hips, not hitting bottom all the time either!!!

Run Forest Run!
02-28-2015, 05:03 PM
Bruce, it's not too bad. My property has a rolling terrain and in the low areas it's drifted quite a bit - maybe just above the knee. The good news is that most of the trees that I tap will only have snow below the knee. Santa brought me new snow shoes, but I doubt I'll need to use them this year. Things should be thawed out by June . . . . . maybe.

newmod
03-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Karen,
Were you able to see any of the northern lights over the weekend? That is what tops my bucket list. I WILL see them sometime in my life

Todd

Run Forest Run!
03-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately I couldn't see them from here on Saturday or Sunday. I'll still be checking tonight and tomorrow night. I've often seen them here and the show can be spectacular, however it's nothing like the colour intensity that you see when you are viewing them from more northern locations. I'd love to see them from the Yukon or the Northwest Territories.

WI Sugarpop
03-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Or Alaska.