PDA

View Full Version : Did the Deed

blackstrapking
01-29-2007, 09:21 PM
Drove to NH Sunday to the Maple Guys. Bought a Lapierre 24"x66" with all the goodies from chris. I'll be ready to lay bricks tommorow night. I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning! Too many hills in N. England for me, made me appriciate my "flatland". Boy, what a good egg that chis is!

royalmaple
01-29-2007, 09:28 PM
That's great, now you'll have trouble making your blackstrap. It will come off of that shiney new evaporator too quickly.

blackstrapking
01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I will definately be a big change, I might not even recognize the finished product!

HanginAround
01-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Congrats brother, you must be very exicted :)

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Congrats, it's better than Christmas as a kid!

Fred Henderson
01-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Good show, you will probably want to take it to bed with you or sleep next to it during sugaring.

maplehound
01-30-2007, 08:00 AM
At least you had the good sense to order yours early. When I bought my rig several years ago I waited till we had tapped. Then we relized we wouldn't be able to keep up. So my father offered to help me get a new evaporator. While we sat and boiled our first batch of the year we called the dealer and oredered it. That year was an early start ( mid Jan). After wards we bothered the dealer every week till finally 6 weeks later just in time for the last boil of the year we got it installed. Just like this year I couldn't wait for next year.

Sugarmaker
01-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Wow! Nice new sparkling evaporator! That has to be a thrill! Good luck with the set up.
Chris

blackstrapking
01-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Fred,
I found that the fresh ceramic blanket was a little scatchy on the skin this morning when I woke up in the sugar shack. I think my girlfriend is getting even more jealous. She caught me spooning with it tonight. JUST Kidding!! maybe?

blackstrapking
01-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Chis,
Setup is coming along nicely, just as long as I refrain myself from gazing at it, just like a monkey fasinated by shiney objects.