PDA

View Full Version : regulation in wisconsin

mapling4fun
02-18-2015, 02:39 PM
I have a relative that owns a small popcorn/gift shop in Wisconsin. Currently I only make enough syrup for my family and some Christmas gift. What actions should I take or not take to have to cover my tail if I was to sell in there store? About the only thing I know for sure is that my label must contain address and contact info.

jmayerl
02-18-2015, 07:20 PM
You can sell farm gate, and farmers markets(direct from your hand to consumers) with out a liscense as long as yearly sales are under $5000. Anything else (including selling at a relatives store) you need a commercial processing and state inspection. New now is in addition to a label with name and contact info is that you must have batch tracking and be able to track where all syrup is until it is consumed. You must also have a state approved recall plan......lots o stuff......

mapling4fun
02-18-2015, 08:34 PM
thanks for the info. With all that I think for a half dozen gallons I am going to pass on selling it at the store.
I had talked to a local honey beekeeper on what he did and he said all he needed was contact info on his label. I figured that there was more to it than that.