PDA

View Full Version : homemade reverse omisis

buttdav
02-16-2015, 08:29 AM
ive been looking into maken a small ro but looking for info that may help at this point im thinking of using a I spring 400gpd with a shallow well pump going threw a 5 mico sediment filter to a 125 psi booster pump then a regulater then into my 400gpd membrane then running my water to a 55 gallon barrel and my other line back to my sap tank not sure if i should use a second 400 gpd membrane or not ive got 200 taps on vacume and my sap test 2.5 to 3 percent will this work

mellondome
02-16-2015, 09:50 AM
Look arround this and the other site.. lots of full detailed home buolds with questions and answere... more info than anyone needs to build one.

Fli..Don't put in a regulator... use a needle valve after the membrane on the concentrate side.

bowhunter
02-16-2015, 10:54 AM
You will need a much larger membrane for that many taps, probably 1000 GPD at least. I guess you could use two 400 GPH in parallel to get to 800, but I think a single membrane is cheaper than two smaller membranes. The pumps should be fairly closely matched in capacity (GPM). The pumps also should match the flow required for the membrane(s). Your booster pump should also be capable of 200-220 psi. I think your current pump combination is probably only good for about 175 psi. You need to make sure the booster pump is rated for the final pressure out of the booster pump since it's designed to deliver 125 psi.

Also to confirm you want to use a needle valve versus a regulator.