PDA

View Full Version : Can you install a pipe for an extension from the base of the releaser?

Bruce L
02-14-2015, 05:54 PM
I have a Bernard single vertical releaser that I am installing in a building next to a milk tank to collect from about 400 taps. Can I place a pipe into where the sap releases to have the sap dump into the tank without having to place the releaser on top of the tank, therefore chance of animals getting in the tank? I realize I would have to somehow reattach the flapper to the end of the pipe, just wondering if anyone has done this?
Thanks

Russell Lampron
02-15-2015, 05:55 AM
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work as long as you have a solid mount for the flapper.

JoeJ
02-15-2015, 06:08 AM
I have a double Lapierre releaser that I the extended outlet on about 20". Lapierre had all the fittings and small SS screws. I unscrewed the flapper from the tank, installed a 2" adapter fitting with 4 screws, glued on the extension pipe to the adapter, and then glued on the flapper fitting at the end of the pipe. Probably took 10 minutes. Worked great

BreezyHill
02-15-2015, 08:06 AM
You just need to make sure the flapper valve is closing securely to the pipe for a perfect seal or it will leak air.

ryebrye
02-17-2015, 05:23 AM
You could probably do it without gluing to your releaser if you bought some swivels (the 2" PVC things with o-rings on each side) and used those to do it.

If you are near the lapierre place in Vermont I recommend you go into their Swanton store and ask to talk to their releaser guy. He helped me buy some parts for a releaser I'm building, so I'm sure he'd be helpful for you for modifying s releaser that they actually sell.

mrb215
03-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Could you use a check valve at the end instead of the flapper???