PDA

View Full Version : Snowbound

thecabinguy
02-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Won"t be tapping anytime soon with 3 feet of snow on the ground. This may be quite a problem once it finally warms. This snow isn't going anywhere for a while.

adk1
02-09-2015, 09:04 PM
I hear yeah there. We have quite a bit as well. Was working on lines over the weekend, had to use snowshoes, and that was before this last storm which dumped another foot

MapleLady
02-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Snow is very deep in Southern NH. Snowshoed out to my block arch yesterday to start un-burying it - Snow has to be close to 4' deep. Looking at the long-range forecast, might be at least a couple more weeks before temps start to inch up ~ that's New England!

harrison6jd
03-03-2015, 07:51 AM
in northern RI and in the dame boat. lots of snow. last week I was content with missing some run time but now I see the weekend temps and want to get it all set up. im on tubing but I need to plow the woods trail to get to my collection tank area. may take a couple of hours. then, walk though thigh high snow to put all taps in. its going to be a lot of work but that sweet smell will make it worth it. happy tapping

Won"t be tapping anytime soon with 3 feet of snow on the ground. This may be quite a problem once it finally warms. This snow isn't going anywhere for a while.

foursapsyrup1
03-03-2015, 09:09 AM
We've been taping with snowshoes and can't get a machine in the woods. Hope to get everything in place and get a run this weekend. Everything still frozen solid.
in northern RI and in the dame boat. lots of snow. last week I was content with missing some run time but now I see the weekend temps and want to get it all set up. im on tubing but I need to plow the woods trail to get to my collection tank area. may take a couple of hours. then, walk though thigh high snow to put all taps in. its going to be a lot of work but that sweet smell will make it worth it. happy tapping

harrison6jd
03-03-2015, 07:46 PM
my machine will be on a job site until this weekend when the last snow is cleared from my contracts. if you guys need a hand with some paths, let me know. you may not get the quad out there til june.

dave

We've been taping with snowshoes and can't get a machine in the woods. Hope to get everything in place and get a run this weekend. Everything still frozen solid.