PDA

View Full Version : PA retail syrup price 2015

3GoatHill
02-08-2015, 10:53 AM
What's everybody in PA charging for syrup at retail for 2015?

spud
02-08-2015, 11:53 AM
I hope there better then ours. I was driving through Enosburg Falls Vt the other day and a big sign right on main street said Maple Syrup for sale $38.00 Gallon. Looks like someone is trying to get rid of the old to make room for the new.

Spud

Etown Maple Syrup
02-08-2015, 07:52 PM
My wife told me that if I want to sell my syrup, I would have to divide how much money I have spent on my "hobby" by the gallons I made. So that puts me this year at $75.00 a gallon. Not including the labor of love! I think that is called "Revenue Neutral" or "Return on Investment"
:)

bowtie
02-09-2015, 08:09 AM
I live about 20-25 miles from pa, from what I have seen the prices will be the same as last year. my prices are set off from what the bigger guys in the area are selling for, then I go just a little bit lower. pint/$8,qt/$15,half-gallon/$27,gallon/$48. obviously there is always someone who will want to knock you down a couple bucks on the larger sizes. I think it will a long time before quarts go any higher than $16-$17 just to much supply in area.

Maplewalnut
02-09-2015, 09:04 AM
3goathill

Prices vary big time in Pa. Its supply and demand. Best thing to do is look around your area to determine. If you are loacted in NW corner of State, Somerset county to the south or Northern tier against NY state line and prices are probably lower than other pockets where there is not as much supply. I know a guy down towards Philly that sells out every year and his quarts are $25. Problem is he doesnt have many trees and season is very short.

Mike

16jharris
03-25-2015, 10:13 AM
We sell it for:
Gallon-$42.00
Half Gallon- $24
Quart- $14.00
Pint- $8.00
Half Pint- $5.00
50mL glass Maple Leaf Bottle- $3.00

maple flats
03-25-2015, 10:24 AM
Wow, I'm glad nobody in my area sell that low. In CNY, I sell Gal=$52, half gal=$27 (so close to gal price because I can ship 2x1/2 in a med. flat rate USPS box cheaper by far than I can ship a gal by USAPS, or FedEx. Then Qts are $17, Pts=$10 and half pts are $6. Some in my area are slightly lower on Gal, but I have no problem selling at those prices. I also plan to raise prices either after the season, if it proves to be short as I expect, or next Jan 1 if the crop is decent quantity.
Those who think they need to meet or beat the local competition on price just help keep your local prices far too low. Be proud of your product and charge ca little more!

3GoatHill
03-25-2015, 01:59 PM
Those who think they need to meet or beat the local competition on price just help keep your local prices far too low. Be proud of your product and charge ca little more!

Couldn't agree more. That's why I'm asking, so I can be in line with everybody else's prices. You can beat the local "competition", but in the long run it hurts everybody, including yourself. But of course our syrup is the best :D

pennslytucky
03-25-2015, 02:57 PM
I just do quarts and pints. In mason jars with the handles. $10 & $15. This year you could charge more because last year was so short but it doesn't cost any more to produce at this level so why bump it? I know most everyone in the community. Some people like maple but don't have much disposable income so I try to barter and gift when needed too. I really feel that if anything bad ever happened to the economy, the only thing that would matter is your local community. Gotta do business with that in mind...in my opinion :)

Michael Greer
03-30-2015, 06:46 PM
It's a premium product, charge more. If you want to work like a slave you can get a job at Mcdonalds. My time is worth more than that. $50 per gallon last year, and $53 or $55 this year, depending on how much I can produce.

Daryl
03-31-2015, 05:49 AM
I agree with maple flats. Why lower your price if you have a market for your product. I sell pints @10.00, quarts 16.00, 1/2 gal 30.00 gallons @56.00.
The losers are the ones that give their product away at a low price.

Butch
04-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Hi guys – I am in the northwest corner of the lower Peninsula of Michigan, these are our prices this year:

Half-gallon – $35
Quart – $20
Pint – $12
Half pint – $8

Honestly I do not check the competition too much, however I do like to be sort of "in the middle" between the highest priced and lowest-priced in our area, in general.

I agree that ours is a premium product, which should be of gourmet quality, and keep in mind that the entire global supply is made in a very small area. Considering these factors we should be charging a fair price (for us) considering our investment in equipment and time.