PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up Signature

Pete33Vt
01-27-2007, 04:39 AM
I have noticed quite a few people have signature setup at the bottom of there post. I really like the one with the picture of the sugarhouse in the back ground.

Problem is I can't seem to figure it out, for myself.
Any info would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Pete

tapper
01-27-2007, 05:41 AM
Pete,
Click on profile at the top of the page. Once in profile scroll down and there is a box to design your signature. Type in anything you like. You can copy and paste urls and images also. Once that is done scroll down and set always attach signature to yes. My son designed the picture and made it so you click on it to take you to the url of my pictures. He did it on photoshop and emailed it to my computer so I cant help much with that part of it. I will ask him about it next time he is home.

HanginAround
01-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Normally the pic has to "reside" (be hosted) on the net somewhere, then just wrap the url with [img] tags (see my post on posting pics).

If you can't figure it out, just email me your pic and I will compose the code for you and email it back. If you want it to be clickable and point somewhere like tapper's does, just let me know the url.

Pete33Vt
01-28-2007, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the help, I should be able to figure out how to do it.
There won't be any picture yet. We need to get a new camera. Should be getting one in a few weeks.

Thanks
Pete

HanginAround
01-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Tapper, your pic doesn't seem to work, but the link does. The url to the pic on imageshack is dead, so maybe it has an error in it, or the pic is gone.

tapper
01-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Pete,
Click on the signature it should take you to yahoo pictures not imageshack. I think I tried do do something on imageshack a while back but I dont know why you would be sent there?

HanginAround
01-28-2007, 02:39 PM
If I click it goes to the right place, but what I'm clicking on is a little red X where a pic is supposed to be, and it points to imageshack, but doesn't exist: http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/9813/happyxo9.jpg. If you look in your profile where you set it up, you will see that url.

tapper
01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
HMMMMMMM?? My son is working on it. I'm not sure whats wrong with it . Everything works fine here but I had him try to use it from where he is and he cant see the pic but the link worked good for him? Computers..I wonder what I did with all my time before I had one???

Dave Y
01-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Tapper,
I can click on you signature photo and it takes me to you yahoo photos.
No problem.

tapper
01-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Dave,
Good to hear from you! Thanks for the reply! Seems as though this works for some and not for some others?
Have you done a test boil on your new rig yet?

Dave Y
01-28-2007, 08:27 PM
yea,two weekends ago. Boy will it boil love that forced air. Ran it for two hours and only used as much wood as I would have in an 1/2 our on the old rig. I may get 25 gal of syurp per cord with this one.

HanginAround
01-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Right, the link to yahoo works, but the link to imageshack where the pic that's supposed to show in the sig doesn't.

Edit: Ohhh, Dave Y, you mean you can see the pic in the sig? I mean without clicking? All I see is the red X where a pic is supposed to be. Even the direct link doesn't work.

Dave Y
01-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Hangin,
I'M not sure what you mean. I can click on the pic and it takes me to yahoo photos. Where else should you go?

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Just click on the pic of the sugarhouse in his signature and it takes you right to his photos. :D

tapper
01-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Dave,

More boil less wood gotta love it!!!

Hangin,
Yaa my boy was going to look into that . He set it up and it didnt work from his computer at school either.

Dave Y
01-28-2007, 08:44 PM
hangin ,
Yes I can see the picture. If you cant see it the problem is with your server.I have that problem at work. Some addresses it wont show the pic.

Tapper, If all goes well I may be able to double production this year.
Which would be nice as I am starting to build a very nice clientle.

tapper
01-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Dave,

Good for you! I will look forward to hearing how you end up for the season.

Dave Y
01-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Yea me too, as I have spent a lot of money! I bought a dump truck to haul sap with. It was too hard on my ranger to haul sap. It will be alot faster with a bigger tank.

HanginAround
01-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Dave, if everyone else can see it, you're right, something preventing me from seeing it. Funny, I use imageshack all the time, and nothing has ever been blocked from there before. I'm at home, so no corporate firewalls in the way or anything, very strange.

Dave Y
01-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Isnt technolegy wonderful!

Dave Y
01-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Tapper,
I can no longer see your pic in your signature.