PDA

View Full Version : bottle syles for maple syrup

maplefarmer
02-03-2015, 07:25 AM
I would like to bottle some maple syrup in a few decorative wine type bottles, but they all take corks. Is it possible to bottle syrup with a cork being the 185 deg. temp. needed to hot pack it ?

jmayerl
02-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Few reasons you shouldn't do that. New bottles are cheap and clean(no residue). Second. Corks will not seal.

unc23win
02-03-2015, 11:03 AM
I would have to agree with jmayerl there are plenty of new glass bottles with screw on caps to choose from a variety of suppliers.

BreezyHill
02-03-2015, 11:19 AM
MF, I understand your desire but you will be very frustrated with the cork. The problem will be getting the cork out of the bottle. The vacuum that syrup creates will wedge that cork so deep in the bottle it will come out in pieces and the rest will have to be pushed into the bottle.

Only had one experience with this as a kid and it was an hour to get the bottle opened.

There are loads of syrup bottle choice from numerous sources that you will be able to find one that will trip your trigger.

Check out cdls web site and burch bottle. I can look up there links if you need them.