PDA

View Full Version : minni trucks with tracks!!!?

calvertbrothers
01-29-2015, 09:52 PM
well I was talking to my foreman and he should me a minni truck with tracks and I was researching on how much they cost. I found a few sites that make tracks and customize theses things and I just emailed one of people. It kind of sketchy and idk anyone that has one of these trucks with tracks. so if anyone has information about them please let me know. and how much they cost because these minni trucks would be awesome for syruping and doing firewood. plus it would keep this misses warm because they do have heat and it would stop the nagging at me when she has to ride on a cold open cab tractor ride:mad:

maple flats
01-30-2015, 04:57 AM
I've seen ATV's with them and they work well. A few traders have them. They are aftermarket add on's. I've priced them for my Polaris 500 and prices seem to run from $3100 up to about $5000 or so. Very effective and better than a snowmobile in many ways.

MISugarDaddy
01-30-2015, 06:17 AM
You could always go with a Kubota RTV with tracks. It is REALLY comfortable to have an air-tight, heated cab to collect sap. I have no problem getting my wife to help collect sap...in fact, she will offer to go and collect it herself!!! Plus, she likes the air conditioned cab when we are out cutting firewood in the spring and summer because we use it to haul the log splitter that she operates. (I am a really lucky guy to have a wife like her.) Dave is correct on the price of tracks, we installed camoplast brand tracks on our RTV at a cost of $3200. We have a 125 gallon tank in the back that we use for transporting sap. Last year's 4 feet of snow couldn't stop it.
Gary

Waynehere
01-30-2015, 07:15 AM
I have a minitruck and love it. Bought it with a 3" lift kit and large knobby tires. Been sugaring with it for 5 seasons so far. Of course we don't get the snow you do up north of us, but so far no problems. Looked into tracks as well and they were going to cost me more then what I paid for the truck, about $1500/tire. Have not found any used ones as of yet, but have not looked too hard either.

BreezyHill
01-30-2015, 07:53 AM
well I was talking to my foreman and he should me a minni truck with tracks and I was researching on how much they cost. I found a few sites that make tracks and customize theses things and I just emailed one of people. It kind of sketchy and idk anyone that has one of these trucks with tracks. so if anyone has information about them please let me know. and how much they cost because these minni trucks would be awesome for syruping and doing firewood. plus it would keep this misses warm because they do have heat and it would stop the nagging at me when she has to ride on a cold open cab tractor ride:mad:

This is a unit I drive to groom snowmobile trails. For the firs 5 seasons I ran a Scandic Supper Wide Track to groom. These are snowmobiles on steroids. 24" wide track and 8" wide skis. They are heavy but float on snow. They pack down a 50" wide track with a Hi/Low& reverse transmition. One drags a 4x10 groomer and the other an 8' side groomer.

By far the Bravada is the best unit for our mountains and fields. It has gotten stuck with the drag on but it can usually back out. I have driven thru drifts over the light bar with no problems. The problem is the turning radius. These are fine if you want to go down the trail and back. Not so good on turning around on the trail unless you have a spot you can make about a 60' wide circle. Put an edge 9000 light bar on and you can tap at night with the 6 55 watt halogen work lights. We have had to cut down trees on the trail and it is like day time with the lights all on. LOL
The other unit10521 is also enclosed and heated is great for bush work. It is only five foot wide and turns on a dime. Spin it around where it sits. They float in water, not ours as it's body has drains to remove the melted snow from your boots. They will go thru swamps and float on the top and smooth muddy trails. On the back we have a 5' wide 24" deep trail box that we load with signs, stacks, crow bars, saws gas n oil. This is a Cushman Trackster. enclosed with a Honda motor you will be in the $5k to 8K range with a cab. I have seen them as low as $2500 for the cables model and there is a guy in Midwest that was building cabs again. One issue depending on the setup you may have a top speed of 10 mph if it is setup for working. That is how ours is setup. But we groomer for 5 hours on 10 gallons of gas and pull a 5x10 5 blade groomer.

This is my work ATV, Arctic Cat TBX 650 H1...As you can see there are attachments for the speed rack to attack chainsaws on the front(3), you can get shovel holders, you can buy a attachment mount that you can build a tubing spinner for 3 or 5/16 tubing, two large saddle compartments for spouts, saddles, hand tools, drink, food, etc. The back bed dumps and has been filled with lime, gravel, chips, etc. I made a tubing spinner for the 2" hitch receiver that handles 500 & 1000' rolls. As you can see the boys love it. Great spot to sharpen saws.

I have several milk crates that are sectioned of for different tasks, laying mains: rubber mallet, 1/4" ratched for pipe clamps, saddles, grips, tighteners and handle, & tubing saw.

Tapping Crate: Y's, spouts, end clips, drops in bundles, screw gun with extra tapping bit, etc,

Grab a crate and either strap it on the front or in the bed. The mains tubing spinner will clear the loaded crates when flipped to pay out horizontally for 1000' rolls. If hauling tubing to the bush you can strap on two rolls to the bed and another on the spinner in vertical mode.

Someday I plan to get a set of tracks for this unit. It has the manual Dif lock for the front end and elec 2-4 wheel selector. Plenty of power to draw a wood cart of 3/4 of a cord thru the woods and hills.

In the spring we load a 35 gallon tank in the back to bring sanitizer solution to the bush for the tubing. When we do trail work for the club everybody wants this unit; even those with side by sides. I know a guy that had a rtv on tracks and sold it as it didn't have enough power to keep up when the tracks were mounted. With the larger motors now they should be better.

The bad thing about tracks is buddies do brake axles due to the torque. One guy can change an axle in under 45 minutes now. Practice makes perfect.

I only want tracks so that I can eliminate rutting up the bush and the fields to the bush in the spring and fall time. We do use this to feed hay to beefers and horses and when we have big storms of 14+" you pull out the snow machines. Way more fun to go on a sled than even an atv on tracks. But I am a sled head! They also pack down the bush trails and mains trails better than an atv on tracks. Sleds are way warmer than an atv in snow also.

The track kit for the bravada was $5K. They only run in snow as these are snow kits. Look at mattracks for all season they are great units but you will pay dearly for them.

maple flats
01-30-2015, 10:30 AM
I've seen those too, but what I was giving the price on was for ATV and UTV units. I don't know the price of those bigger units, but I did watch a utube video on them and they looked real good. The video (likely an advertisement) showed a full size 1500 maneuvering thru some rather deep snow.

VT_K9
01-30-2015, 01:10 PM
I have a Polaris X2 with track. As far as ATVs go I find the X2 to be the best choice. Due to my shoulder injury I have pain while driving it (it has power steering and that is not the agitating factor). You maybe we'll served by a Kubota RTV. They are nice, but I don't think they play well. I would look at a Polaris Ranger XP 900 if you want a good work horse. I would look at the Tatou 4s tracks. They are about $4500 for a UTV. The XP900 is about $16500. They are a decent trail machine too according to friends who have them.

Here is my X2:

calvertbrothers
01-30-2015, 01:31 PM
You could always go with a Kubota RTV with tracks. It is REALLY comfortable to have an air-tight, heated cab to collect sap. I have no problem getting my wife to help collect sap...in fact, she will offer to go and collect it herself!!! Plus, she likes the air conditioned cab when we are out cutting firewood in the spring and summer because we use it to haul the log splitter that she operates. (I am a really lucky guy to have a wife like her.) Dave is correct on the price of tracks, we installed camoplast brand tracks on our RTV at a cost of $3200. We have a 125 gallon tank in the back that we use for transporting sap. Last year's 4 feet of snow couldn't stop it.
Gary

You can pick up a used minni truck for 5000 with heat and AC with very low miles the tracks cost 5800. For 10,800$ I can have a minni truck with tracks a bigger bed. And a quite misses lol. I know Kubotas are nice but very expensive though. Same with the side by sides.