PDA

View Full Version : Newest member of the sugarmaking family

Bruce L
01-27-2015, 11:07 AM
Picked this rig up just before Christmas from a local dealer, traded the snowmobile on it, best thing I ever did! No more expensive snowmobile to upkeep, pay for trail permits on ungroomed trails, wait for non-existant snowfalls etc. It's pretty rare to find a day that this rig isn't running,incidentally the mainline spooler that I made last fall fit right into it, figure there wil be no more carrying syrup up the hill, just walk out the door and load it into the back.

TerryEspo
01-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Looks like fun !!
I like the spool too.

Terry

Sugarmaker
01-28-2015, 09:07 AM
Very nice addition to the family!
Regards,
Chris

spud
01-28-2015, 02:59 PM
I could have used that two months ago. :)

Spud

Bruce L
02-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Family member retired now, snow is toooooooooo deep, spent a long time getting it out of the bush. Drove in past the sugarhouse to where the new laterals will be going onto the new mainlines, didn't get anything done other than winching it back out.Rest of the spring will be walking in and out now until the snow drops ------- a lot.

maple flats
02-07-2015, 03:50 PM
I did the same thing today. My grandson spent 2 hrs opening trail with the snowmobile, kept getting stuck, and I tried for 2 hrs to get our ATV 4x4 to break trail. It has super lug tires, but I finally had to give up after backing up, ramming ahead, backing and repeating. No chance. The hard part is that on mine I need to snowshoe in 1/2 miles before getting to the bush. Thank God I have a couple of ice fishing toboggans to pull things in on, one about 3' long and the other 5', both with high sides. I do rather prefer towing them with the snowmobile or ATV when conditions permit. If that lease was closer to my sugarhouse I'd take the tractor up and open the way. I still may do that. Once I can get paths open regular travel will keep them open til the next big snow. My snowmobile would be better if it was not a trail model, it needs a packed trail to do well. If I do go up, I'll make something to drag behind the tractor to "groom" the trails, likely off the 3 P.H.