PDA

View Full Version : trying new things

calvertbrothers
01-26-2015, 09:26 PM
yesterday I bought some new stars 3/16 chalumeau 115 degree taps. my dealer informed i'm one of the first to try the stars 3/16 taps this year. In my area. They say the smaller tap give the same amount of sap than the 5/16 taps. I bought 500 of them. I say the smaller the hole in the tree the healthier. And i'm looking to purchase some Lapierre slide fittings for the laterals. they look pretty slick, one less friction spot eliminated the better. plus you can tighten the lateral a little easier. Has anyone used any of these produces? And what do you think about them??? thanks

unc23win
01-26-2015, 09:33 PM
I use the slide fittings when making my loop to attach my lateral to my mainline. Slide fittings make having tight laterals easier and also eliminate the need to splice the line, which also eliminates a possible leak.

Never tried anything 3/16, but I am interested in hearing results.

calvertbrothers
01-26-2015, 09:44 PM
I use the slide fittings when making my loop to attach my lateral to my mainline. Slide fittings make having tight laterals easier and also eliminate the need to splice the line, which also eliminates a possible leak.

Never tried anything 3/16, but I am interested in hearing results.
thanks for your incite i'll keep you posted on the 3/16 taps

sjdoyon
01-28-2015, 05:53 PM
We also use the slide fittings when making our loop to attach our lateral to the mainline, eliminating a potential leak and restriction point. We also use the slide fittings on our lateral end trees so that the sap no longer has to work around the end tree.