PDA

View Full Version : what size laterals with 1/2" mainline ?

TerryEspo
01-23-2015, 03:22 PM
I THINK I am going to try a mainline this year, still trying to see what overall collection method is best for me.

If I use 1/2" mainline, what size line would my laterals be? Also, what connects the laterals to the mainline ??

I am thinking to try just a 100 ft of mainline this year with some laterals and get as many trees as reasonable. I will still need to use buckets on many trees but a mainline has to help.

I am sure I will have a few more questions so keep you eye on this post, LOL !

Thanks.

Terry

BreezyHill
01-23-2015, 04:23 PM
I have some old 1/2" saddles if you want them. The wire tie to the main line. on gravity there is not an issue going past 100' some what except for the expense of the tubing. I found that keeping the mains closer as in 65-75' across the slope of the bush was a huge savings in the cost of 5/16 tubing and paid for the additional mainline tubing.

If I get to it a have a section of 1/2" older main that is being replaced by 1" as we retube the bush and I can save those saddles as well if you want them.

Ben

maple flats
01-23-2015, 04:37 PM
Your laterals will most likely be 5/16 unless you find saddles for the newer 3/16. That is only for good slopes, best if you have 30' drop downstream of the last tap before the mainline connection. Saddles for 1/2" are rare, you'd be best off taking Breezy up on his offer.

TerryEspo
01-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Hi Ben (Breezy):
That's a great offer, motivates me to get on this project.
I will send you a PM and maybe we can work out a way to make this work.

I hope that my plan will work, I don't have much slope but can run my lines a certain way that I can use a ravine top that will give me slope help. Running my lines that way will mean I wont have a 100 ft run, but feel I can figure this out to make it work.

I am happy to get any amount on tubing that collects into one 55 gallon barrel, lol,,,hope to have a few of those.

That's for the help guys.

Terry