PDA

View Full Version : Parts for a Bender model 1600 releaser?

Clan Delaney
01-22-2015, 12:23 PM
Hey guys.

I'm adding vac this year. Not a lot of taps, but it'll give me the boost in sap I need for the new evap. I just bought a Bender model 1600 releaser in very good shape, but there's still a few parts I want to either replace right away or have on hand in case the originals fail. I think I'm seeing some of the parts I want at Hamby Dairy Supply (http://hambydairysupply.com/), but I'm only going by the pics. I just want to know that what I'm getting will fit properly, if parts can even be had anymore for these old devices.

So, can replacement parts be purchased for this model? If so, where have you purchased them in the past?

Not sure if y'all will be able to click thru this link, but here's a pic of the model I bought (https://www.facebook.com/patrick.c.delaney/posts/10153120293581178?comment_id=10153120349711178&ref=notif&notif_t=share_comment).

tuckermtn
01-22-2015, 02:15 PM
holy smokes - he's back!

Clan Delaney
01-22-2015, 02:19 PM
I never left you, my son. Lol. I HAS been awhile, I know. Still sugarin'. Still tryin' to make it pay.

WESTMAPLES
01-22-2015, 02:32 PM
ive ordered items from hambys good people and fast shipping top rubber tapered vac seals, check valve, bottom rubber gasket ( that goes around the glass neck outlet between the mount ) the only thing that fit was the bottom rubber gasket, the top rubber vac seals where to big, and the check valve was tiny. the top tapered gasket I made out of a basic rubber plumbing repair gasket set, and the check valves are $10 well check valve that have a little spring to keep closed but you can blow with your mouth thru them easily Im a problem solver with farming backround that's where lots of my odd fixes come from

Clan Delaney
01-23-2015, 08:37 AM
ive ordered items from hambys good people and fast shipping top rubber tapered vac seals, check valve, bottom rubber gasket ( that goes around the glass neck outlet between the mount ) the only thing that fit was the bottom rubber gasket, the top rubber vac seals where to big, and the check valve was tiny. the top tapered gasket I made out of a basic rubber plumbing repair gasket set, and the check valves are $10 well check valve that have a little spring to keep closed but you can blow with your mouth thru them easily Im a problem solver with farming backround that's where lots of my odd fixes come from

WESTMAPLES, what did you use to connect to that flanged nipple at the bottom of the releaser? I've seen pics and videos of others who have what look to be standard PVC couplings on there, but no mention of sizes.

WESTMAPLES
01-23-2015, 02:38 PM
home depot sells 1ft lengths of semi-ridged food grade hose I forget the size but they have it in stock in the plumbing section wasn`t more than 10 bucks and I used it on a few different things in my operation