PDA

View Full Version : New rig/Sleep Deprevation

Pete S
01-21-2015, 06:22 AM
Last night we picked up our new rig at Smoky Lake Maple products. We pulled the trigger on a Badgerland 2 x 6 with the dropflue pan.

We started off in a lasagna pan,....about 7 years ago........then built what we have now (FOR SALE) which is a 2 x 3 with a 1 x 2 preheat over a 250 gallon oil barrel rig for 4 years.

At the time we were very happy.

I was warned about this mental disease that is associated with maple sap/syrup.

I have been awake since 01:34 AM. I have all kind's of things that need to get done to customize the arch a bit and install the whole thing.

Was going to build one, [arch] but I just do NOT have the time so we'll tweek the one we bought which could be almost as much fun.

Really excited to be doing about 4x what we used to,................with the same amount of effort/wood/time.

Who's excited?

Bucket Head
01-21-2015, 07:36 AM
You said you were warned. What else are we supposed to say to you?

Lol! Its a great illness is'nt it? Everybody is excited about the upcoming season!

Congrats and good luck with the new rig!

Steve

Sugarmaker
01-21-2015, 07:38 AM
Congratulations on the new evaporator!
You will have all kinds of fun with the new toy.
Regards,
Chris

billyinvt
01-21-2015, 10:16 AM
I too have found sleep a bit hard to come by with a new rig in the works. I find that there are times when I'm staring at the ceiling at 3am trying to do some calculations in my head, such as stack height, or how many fire bricks i'm going to need. Is there any relief once a new set-up has had a full season? Doubt it. I'm sure I'll always be looking for ways to "tweak" things.