PDA

View Full Version : H2O oil Evaporator

lmathews
01-19-2015, 05:46 PM
I was wondering if anyone has an H2O brand oil fired evaporator?

Ausable
01-19-2015, 06:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone has an H2O oil fired evaporator?

Interesting question and I don't know. In a former life - I was a Boiler Operator in a Steam Electric Generating Plant. We would use air to atomize fuel oil in our fuel oil guns to light off heated pulverized coal. For awhile - on our older boilers - we used Canadian Crude Oil and used extraction steam from the turbines to atomize the crude oil so it was easier to light off with our spark gas igniters. Till the price of crude oil became to high. Hmmmmm! By Oil - You mean Fuel Oil? If so - just use air. I don't follow - why You want to use water. ---Mike---

lmathews
01-19-2015, 06:12 PM
I am sorry for the confusion.I meant H2o brand. Looking at getting a new rig and was curious of theirs.

twitch
01-19-2015, 06:16 PM
LOL if only we could fire our evaporators with water it wood make this whole thing a lot easier.

Interesting question and I don't know. In a former life - I was a Boiler Operator in a Steam Electric Generating Plant. We would use air to atomize fuel oil in our fuel oil guns to light off heated pulverized coal. For awhile - on our older boilers - we used Canadian Crude Oil and used extraction steam from the turbines to atomize the crude oil so it was easier to light off with our spark gas igniters. Till the price of crude oil became to high. Hmmmmm! By Oil - You mean Fuel Oil? If so - just use air. I don't follow - why You want to use water. ---Mike---

Ausable
01-20-2015, 04:33 AM
You're sorry ---- LOL ----- Me too. I skipped right over the word - brand - --- try this - lol - We separate the Hydrogen from the oxygen and burn the hydrogen as fuel - using the oxygen to support combustion. We continue this process - till all the water(H2O) on Earth is used up - Forgetting - as Man often does - that the Almighty - created a given amount of water in the beginning and it is continually recirculated. There - I paid You back - lol ---Mike---

I am sorry for the confusion.I meant H2o brand. Looking at getting a new rig and was curious of theirs.