PDA

View Full Version : Bigsap warning 2015

PATheron
01-16-2015, 04:32 AM
This is test of the emergency bigsap system. We are currently in a state of extreme cold across most of the maple syrup producing region of the continental us and southern canada. History has shown that this is generally followed by a warmfront sometime around march or april. We as producers need to prepare ourselves mentally and physicaly for this important upcoming event. Spending time with family, volunteering in the community, etc needs to come to end. Need to be ready at any time for an early run. The emergency bigsap system has good vibes this year. All the stars are lining up for banner year. Clean buckets, check evap, get ro ready but most importantly hook up any freaking tree in your general area (preferably some kind of maple tree) seasons coming soon! Theron

PATheron
01-16-2015, 04:33 AM
Tried to do that all in caps but computer tricked me

Walling's Maple Syrup
01-16-2015, 08:31 AM
I got my laugh for the day! Thanks Theron!
Neil

unc23win
01-16-2015, 09:39 AM
They need a thumbs up or like for trader. :)

WI Sugarpop
01-16-2015, 03:41 PM
We as producers need to prepare ourselves mentally and physicaly for this important upcoming event. Spending time with family, volunteering in the community, etc needs to come to end. Theron
Does that mean full time jobs, too!!!!

AdirondackSap
01-16-2015, 04:26 PM
I think with over 11k taps that would be a fulltime job all year long

sjdoyon
01-16-2015, 07:13 PM
With warm days projected for Sunday and Monday, we'll have the vacuum on while tapping. Hopefully we can get some sap to sweeten the pans or clean our lines.

handtapper
01-16-2015, 07:22 PM
I have 65 vacation hours saved for sugaring and will have 75 come March. Hoping for a stellar season. Ill mention to chris you need a thumbs up smiley face im going to his place to get some goodies tomorrow morning

Russell Lampron
01-17-2015, 06:06 PM
I was at Bascom's today and they were sold out of the taps that I wanted. Rumor has it that some guy with 1000's of taps from PA bought all of the ones they had in stock. I have to go back in 2 weeks to pick up my kegs and placed my order today so that that SOB from PA can't buy those too.

Maplewalnut
01-17-2015, 06:15 PM
I was at Bascom's today and they were sold out of the taps that I wanted. Rumor has it that some guy with 1000's of taps from PA bought all of the ones they had in stock. I have to go back in 2 weeks to pick up my kegs and placed my order today so that that SOB from PA can't buy those too.

Hmmm...didn't know you can make syrup in PA.

PATheron
01-17-2015, 10:59 PM
Just like a famous sugarmaker I know says gotta wannnnnn it! 4500 to 5000 in chugging along, waiting for spring. Theron

Russell Lampron
01-18-2015, 03:05 PM
Just got into the woods for the first time this morning. It looked a lot better than I thought it was going to. Got all of the downed limbs and trees off of the mains and lats and will be starting on tubing repairs next weekend.