PDA

View Full Version : SPAM email?

tuckermtn
01-15-2015, 06:49 AM
wondered if any other traders got this email?

- I am Rev Kevin R..... and would like to place an order for the items listed below for a church anniversary.

50 bottles of 1 drum maple Syrup

50 units of gift basket with chocolate,cookies,biscuit ,maple each basket @ $80 per basket.

seems a little vague, etc...i replied and said no i don't do that sort of order...

(i removed last name)

i googled the return email and didn't find anything...

Maplewalnut
01-15-2015, 07:56 AM
Eric, I think your spam radar is correct

3GoatHill
01-15-2015, 07:13 PM
Had you replied that you could fill the order, the next email you got would have went something like this: I will send you a check in US currency. The check will be for $(a few hundred over your price). Please cash the check and send me the difference and keep an extra $100 for your service fee.

When you go to the bank to cash the check you would have found the check to be a fake. Don't reply to any more of his emails. It's a scam. I hate scammers!

bees1st
01-17-2015, 06:10 PM
I got that one as well . Only it was worded a little differently .Must be one heck of an anniversary . I have replied to a couple of these saying you can drain my bank account , as long as you take my debt as well !

maple flats
01-17-2015, 06:25 PM
I've had many other scams over the years, but have not gotten this one yet. I'll check my junk mail folder, maybe it is there.

Mark
01-17-2015, 09:39 PM
I had one where they wanted me to use their shipper and listed his phone number. I assume they wanted me to send money for shipping.

bees1st
01-19-2015, 12:02 PM
Here's one I just got in response to something I was selling on Craigs List. Why shouldn't I trust them . They go to church and have a job !
Hi..I don't have your phone number to text, I can be available tonight around 7 or tomorrow morning around 7:30, in the morning before church service or in the afternoon around 3pm after church service Or Monday Morning around 7am before i leave for work. Please let me know if any of these times work for you to see it..email me here

NH Maplemaker
01-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Got the same e-mail as Eric on Saturday! Bet you can guess what I did with it!!!!!

Russell Lampron
01-19-2015, 06:36 PM
I got that email too. I sent it to my trash folder and deleted it.

gmcooper
01-20-2015, 07:45 PM
That one was one of the better spam I have received over the past year. I had to reread it vs the usual first couple words give it away. I'll bet more than one maple producer tried to respond.

Jmsmithy
01-21-2015, 11:34 PM
In another thread folks been talking about the spam from Poland!

See below:

Hello,

I will like to know if you ship to Poland and accept US credit card..Master card,Visa card,Discover card and Amex card?let me know if i can send my ORDER needed through e-mail?

Mark"

Too many dirtbags in the world!! :evil::lol: