PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a Marcland Controller Readout Panel ?

Lazarus
01-13-2015, 02:37 PM
I'm getting ready to purchase our first auto drawoff. I asked my dealer about where you mount the Marcland readout panel and was a little confused by his answer which included "the wall". There are really no sugarhouses down here with these for me to go look at. I swear though when I toured some up north the controllers were all mounted on a bracket right off the side of the evaporator, or on top of/side of the valve. I never saw any mounted on the wall. I thought it was all one assembly.

Am I dreaming here? I'll have to break out my pictures but I wasn't focusing on the drawoff when I took them. Where do you all mount these panels?

I have Leader Revolution pans, so it's a reversible flow syrup pan with same side drawoff (both together on one side, no flipping). 3/4" drawoff valves.

BreezyHill
01-13-2015, 04:38 PM
The one I built is on a 1/2" plastic conduit from a junction box at the ceiling. It is just to the side and behind the draw off point. I also installed a switch to kill the AUF fan.10334

Just keep it out of the steam flow and you should be fine

Ben

Lazarus
01-13-2015, 04:44 PM
I am running full hoods, so steam is definitely not an issue. I don't even fog the windows.

brookledge
01-13-2015, 05:56 PM
I have a 3 12 revolution and mine is mounted on the wall on the side I draw off about 4 feet from the evaporator
Keith

lpakiz
01-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Mine is on the wall in the opposite side I draw from. Works fine.

unc23win
01-13-2015, 08:41 PM
All of the Marcland ones I have seen are mounted on a wall or pole. I don't think you will have steam issues. Mine is a Lapierre and it is mounted right on the valve as are some other ones I have seen.

Lazarus
01-13-2015, 10:33 PM
I dug out some of the pictures of my last trip. Found one with a Marcland hanging off the float box via an S hook. Seems simple enough. My power is on the evaporator itself (oil fired, has outlets on the arch), so mounting on a wall means I'm tripping over cords. My ceiling is overy 20 ft high - mounting any kind of pole hanging down across that distance is almost impossible to get right. I'm thinking some sort of bracket maybe off the float box or drawoff pipes .

Sugarmaker
01-14-2015, 07:51 AM
We have a Marcland also. Congrats on your draw off and new sugarhouse for this season too! Your probably like a kid on Christmas morning with all the new toys:).
We have our control box mounted on the wall.w We dra off on both sides of the old King reverse flow pans. A couple steps back and fourth to get it dialed in using a hydrometer and then you don't fuss with it much. Which is how its supposed to work.
We check density several times during the first hour of the first day, and at the beginning of each new boil. Then occasionally during the day.
Water boils around here at about 210 deg F. So most of the time we will be around 217 F. on the set point.
For your same side draw off which is very nice! I would have it close to that side of the arch if possibly but it doesn't have to be at arms reach. Make sure its not in the way when you have to remove the pans or clean equipment.
Regards,
Chris

Marcland
02-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Marcland draw off systems come as a controller, a temp. probe and a draw off valve.
You mount the control box anywhere it is convenient for you to access, mount the temp. probe from the top and down into the pan as close to the dial thermometer tip to tip, and mount the draw off valve on one end of the Revolution "handle bar" manifold. Then connect all the wires (extending them where needed) so as to keep them out of the way of your work zone. The Marcland fittings are 1" npt...so use a 3/4" X 1" hex bushing into the draw off valve. Check out www.marcland-usa.com and you can get flyers on all Marcland products.

West Sumner Sugar
03-01-2015, 07:22 PM
We mounted our home made auto draw to the front of the hood so everyone can see it.