PDA

View Full Version : wire tying no more?

calvertbrothers
01-13-2015, 12:12 PM
Hey guys I'm a steamfitter welder/ pumper. At one of the jobs I was on we were putting a glucose system to heat the floors. And I was watching the concrete guys use a battery powered wire tying gun to tie rebar. So I did some research and it ties in 2 seconds and I think it will tie up to 1 1/2. I've been tying lines for a couple days now. I would give it a shot and try it but the gun costs 2000$. I'm trying to find somewhere I can rent one because in one day I could be tying...

tuckermtn
01-13-2015, 05:55 PM
do you mean gylcol?

but a glucose system to heat a floor would be sweet...

calvertbrothers
01-13-2015, 06:03 PM
Yes glycol lol my phone keeps switching it to glucose.

Chicopee Sap Shack
01-13-2015, 06:16 PM
I bet you could put a "J" hook in a drill and it would do the same as the über expensive one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Mountain Maple
01-13-2015, 06:30 PM
The gun holds the reel of wire and spits it out right around the two rerods and twists it tight, so no time in placing the tie. It is super quick, we have a couple on the job, and ill be using it when i run some mainlines. These should be part of the maple industry for sure, HUGE labor savings. Probably not going to make up the cost of it just running your own lines, but if you could rent one even for a couple hundred for a week, it may be worth it. The Max brand seems good
Here is one on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAX-Re-Bar-tier-RB397-Li-ion-cordless-WITH-CHARGER-/261728193611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf0374c4b

unc23win
01-13-2015, 07:39 PM
I bet you could put a "J" hook in a drill and it would do the same as the über expensive one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a nail cut off the head and bent it in a hook. It worked, but not as good as you would think its was very hard to get the drill stopped just right and awkward getting the hook back out. For me the added weight of the drill wasn't worth it plus you have to carry the ties in your other hand. I use the auto tie hand one.

Jason Gagne
01-13-2015, 08:07 PM
I have one and love it! It's a Max 897 and ties as fast as you walk, push the button and it ties. The unit will tie 1000 ties/hour about. Its definitely something a dealer should/could rent out.

PS I'm not renting ours out

jason grossman
01-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Do one better and s.s. lash it.better than ties faster and way cheaper than a tie gun that works most of the time.

J. hutchins
01-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Jason, how big of pipe can you tie, and how far will a roll of wire go?

calvertbrothers
01-13-2015, 09:22 PM
i'm trying to find somewhere in western ny that rents them. I think after this season i'm going to buy a tie gun. I'm expanding every year and i'm looking into buying some land. it might be a good investment for me because i'm a one man band. plus I can rent it out to other producer around my area. I just don't know how heavy of wire it can tie. Or if they make thinker wire.

unc23win
01-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Do one better and s.s. lash it.better than ties faster and way cheaper than a tie gun that works most of the time.

Does LOAC still sell them I don't think they are in the 2014 Lapierre catalog.