PDA

View Full Version : Question on Vacuum ?????

miller maple
01-12-2015, 06:09 PM
My question is i am running a 1 1/4 line 1000 feet to my releaser im wondering if i have 26'' at the pump what am i going to have at the releaser.

Thompson's Tree Farm
01-12-2015, 06:18 PM
You could very well have 26 inches but likely an inch or so less. You will lose CFM's more than inches of mercury.

morningstarfarm
01-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Been down this road...you will keep the vast majority of your inches
But and here is the killer...no matter how large your pump is...(mine was 30 cfm)...you will only get about 11 cfm 1000' out

Mark
01-12-2015, 09:32 PM
My question is i am running a 1 1/4 line 1000 feet to my releaser im wondering if i have 26'' at the pump what am i going to have at the releaser. It depends on how many cfm's you try to run through it. Higher the velocity the more friction and vacuum drop. If you are using a mechanical extractor you may have a problem when it changes sides. I had a problem when the vacuum pipe changed sides it allowed more air to enter and dropped the vacuum to a point it did not have enough power to complete the switch to the other side. It would get stuck in the middle. Solved the problem with a second 2" airline, but that is 2800 feet away.

spud
01-12-2015, 09:49 PM
My question is i am running a 1 1/4 line 1000 feet to my releaser im wondering if i have 26'' at the pump what am i going to have at the releaser.

I ran a 1 1/2 inch pipe to a releaser 600 feet away and lost one inch of vacuum. You will lose CFMs for sure.

Spud

BreezyHill
01-12-2015, 10:43 PM

The spread sheet shows you should have about 12.5 cfm of vacuum transfer on 1.25" line at 1000'. When you introduce more than this amount of cfms to the system your vac level will drop since you are filling the void with air. A sizeable balance tank will help to over come the drop of vac when a mechanical releaser cycles. Keeping your connection to the 1000' of tubing to the pump free of 90 turns and oversizing to the connection will help increase the tubings capacity.

1.5" at 1000' will give you 18 cfm of transfer.

The cfm of a releaser can be calculated if you know the volume of the unit and how often it cycles. The more often it cycles the more cfm it will consume; but a larger unit that cycles less often could have the same cfms.

if you have a releaser that holds 5 gallons of chamber volume and it cycles every 2 minutes that is about .33 cfm, if it cycles once a minute then .66 cfm

231 cu in/ gallon
1728 cu in in a cu ft
3.1416*R squared * L is the cu inches or feet of the releaser chamber, depending on the unit of measure used.

If the mains entering the releaser don't have check valves and drop vac on the cycling of the releaser then your cfm usage goes up even more.

Ben