PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Phaneuf Pans

SeanD
01-09-2015, 09:37 PM
I want to give a shout out to Patrick Phaneuf and his pans. Earlier this afternoon he dropped off a set of new pans for me and I couldn't be happier about the entire process. This was a huge investment for a small-timer like me, so I thought I'd share the key points of my experience for anyone thinking of going his way.

-I first contacted him in the fall and he answered all of my emails with questions about what my options were.
-I contacted him with the final decision on a design the first week of December.
-He offered to meet me half way so I could save on shipping. He's in Quebec, I'm in Mass.
-He ended up having pans to bring to Albany which is only two hours away, so we made that the meeting point - even easier for me.
-The first date to meet fell through, so it got pushed into January. That started to conflict with my work schedule, so he offered to bring the pans right to my house. The whole time, he was in regular contact with me about the pans and dates and times to come down.
-He pulled in with my pans right after I got out of work this afternoon - a shade over one month from the day I made the final decision on the pans.

I haven't done anything with them yet, but the workmanship looks great and I'm completely satisfied with doing business with him. I can't say one bad thing about the entire process.

Sean

SeanD
01-09-2015, 09:43 PM
I can't win! You'll have to turn your screen sideways. Sorry.

Sean

Drew Pond Maple
01-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Nice set of pans. I'll be upgrading to a new set in 2016.
It'll be a leader 2x8 drop flue or sunrise metal shop. But I like what I see.
Might have to look into this deeper.

unc23win
01-09-2015, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=SeanD;263754]I can't win! You'll have to turn your screen sideways. Sorry.

I thought I would help you out. Congratulations on the new evaporator.

foursapsyrup1
01-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Congratulations, Sean. Quite the improvement over the last five years. I'll have to stop in and check the new pans out.

MISugarDaddy
01-10-2015, 05:42 AM
Patrick does really nice work. I bought a complete evaporator from him 8 years ago and it has performed without a problem. Do you have an email address for him? The one I have no longer works.

maple flats
01-10-2015, 06:02 AM
In the past I've heard about poor communications and very long and over due promised delivery dates with Patrick, I'm glad he finally got that part right. However, I never heard anything bad about the quality of his work, always top quality for sure. Congratulation, real nice rig, you will enjoy it for a long time.

MarkReynolds
01-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Patrick is all over kijiji up here in ontario and just found his most resent listing
Here is his current phone number for those who are looking.

call or text anytime 418-570-1642 Patrick
Here is the mailing address given: 234 2 Rue, Québec, QC G1L

SeanD
01-13-2015, 06:16 PM
Thank you, all and thanks Jared for turning the photo.

I'm sorry I do not have an email address for him. Our emails built off of a thread started through the Craig's List ad I first saw him in and it disguises the actual email address. We did have regular contact through Facebook, though. He would respond to messages often within minutes. The phone and address given above is what I have for him.

Sean

SeanD
01-14-2015, 09:47 PM
I do have an email after all:

patrickletolier@msn.com

Maplewalnut
01-15-2015, 07:58 AM
Now there is a blast from the past. Glad to hear he is still at it. I agree, I have never heard anyone question his craftsmanship. Nice pans.